You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I back up my macbook to iCloud

need to backup my macbook pro High Sierra to my iCloud

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 23, 2022 8:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2022 1:53 PM

iCloud was not designed by Apple to be a Backup location for Apple Computers.

iCloud is intended as a conduit to have files on iCloud so All other Devices Owned by the User can access the same files.

Further, to make changes on one device will be reflected on All Other Device provided they are all using the Same Apple ID Account.

Time Machine Backup is one of the better options to Backup the computer.

A Time Machine Backup  is very useful and can be used to Revert to Previous Working macOS

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 23, 2022 1:53 PM in response to Clariceik

iCloud was not designed by Apple to be a Backup location for Apple Computers.

iCloud is intended as a conduit to have files on iCloud so All other Devices Owned by the User can access the same files.

Further, to make changes on one device will be reflected on All Other Device provided they are all using the Same Apple ID Account.

Time Machine Backup is one of the better options to Backup the computer.

A Time Machine Backup  is very useful and can be used to Revert to Previous Working macOS

Apr 24, 2022 1:59 AM in response to Clariceik

Time Machine Backup uses an External Drive that is oftentimes Directly connect to the computer and usually via a USB connection.

If using a USB Drive it is best to have the External Drive Capacity to be 2 to 2.5 Times larger that the Capacity of the Internal Drive.

Example: Internal Drive Capacity is 1 TB . The External Drive Drive Capacity 2 TB to 2.5 TB

How do I back up my macbook to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.