You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't play a movie in my apple tv library I purchased in standard definition years ago. Do I need to wait or do I need technical support from Apple?

Whenever I try playing it, the following message comes up: "Purchase of this item is not currently available. This item is being modified. Please try again later." The movie is the animated film Rio (2011). I wonder if Apple is no longer supporting SD and will change it to HD?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 5:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 5:18 AM

This item is being modified. Please try again later.

Modifications shouldn’t take too long. If the issue persists, then contact the iTunes Store staff for assistance.

I wonder if Apple is no longer supporting SD and will change it to HD?

No, that’s not it. SD is still supported. The HD version has been available for years (different purchase though).

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 24, 2022 5:18 AM in response to AmericanVintage

This item is being modified. Please try again later.

Modifications shouldn’t take too long. If the issue persists, then contact the iTunes Store staff for assistance.

I wonder if Apple is no longer supporting SD and will change it to HD?

No, that’s not it. SD is still supported. The HD version has been available for years (different purchase though).

I can't play a movie in my apple tv library I purchased in standard definition years ago. Do I need to wait or do I need technical support from Apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.