You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lost videos

I backedup my iphone 5 to the cloud including videos from 2010 2 days ago and I can't find videos before 2012. The 2010 video has disappeared from my iphone 5 as well. Are they lost forever?

iPhone 5

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 10:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 11:19 AM

Likely yes. However, the act of backing up a device would not erase data.

If you sync photos with iCloud, any changes made on one device are reflected everywhere. And, synced photos would not be included in an iCloud backup as they are already stored in iCloud.

You can restore videos and photos from your offline backup or from the original sources.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 24, 2022 11:19 AM in response to Bhonda3

Likely yes. However, the act of backing up a device would not erase data.

If you sync photos with iCloud, any changes made on one device are reflected everywhere. And, synced photos would not be included in an iCloud backup as they are already stored in iCloud.

You can restore videos and photos from your offline backup or from the original sources.

lost videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.