You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote will only export 1 second of my 11 second movie... please help

Hello community,

I am having trouble exporting my movie from Keynote to my desktop. Here's some background on what I did/trying to achieve:

• Created a movie in iMovie that is 11 seconds and wanted to format it to 1080 x 1080 for Instagram
  • Saved iMovie (as high quality) onto desktop
  • Opened Keynote, changed document size to 1080 x 1080 to create template for movie
  • Uploaded my 11 second iMovie movie into Keynote and adjusted it to fit the created template
  • Unchecked boxes like - 'start movie on click' so it would play automatically.

Now here, when I play the movie, as it sits on the template as a draft, the whole 11 seconds play. But, as soon as I hit 'play full screen' to view it as a finished work, or export the movie to desktop, just ONE second of my movie plays. I cannot for the life of me figure out within the settings why this is happening.

Please can someone help? I hope my explanation made sense. If you require further info, please let me know. I am using a Macbook Pro Monterey 12.3.1, Keynote 12, iMovie 10.3.2

Thank you in advance for your time,

riolizzy

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 6:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 12:47 PM

Check these settings as they may be conflicting with your video

• go to Inspector ~ Document ~ Presentation Type dropdown menu and select Normal
  • If you have a transition applied to the slide containing video, ensure the delay is set to be the duration of the

video clip, here its 11 seconds

Similar questions

2 replies

Keynote will only export 1 second of my 11 second movie... please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.