You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Battery Service?

I am getting notices that my MacBook Pro 2017 battery needs servicing. For past few months I have noticed that my laptop will go dark and die unexpectedly after being off the charger for even 2 hours. So I have left it plugged in to compensate. I have the battery health feature maximized.

If my battery health is waning - what will the Apple technicians do about it? Can they replace it in the store?

OR - Do they have to keep it overnight and will I have to backup all my data in the event it is a really big problem?

I can't afford to be without my laptop even one day right now as teach college online! Too much to do!

I have a MacBook Pro 2017

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 8:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 8:50 AM

Nashville2122 wrote:

I am getting notices that my MacBook Pro 2017 battery needs servicing. For past few months I have noticed that my laptop will go dark and die unexpectedly after being off the charger for even 2 hours. So I have left it plugged in to compensate. I have the battery health feature maximized.

If my battery health is waning - what will the Apple technicians do about it? Can they replace it in the store?
OR - Do they have to keep it overnight and will I have to backup all my data in the event it is a really big problem?
I can't afford to be without my laptop even one day right now as teach college online! Too much to do!

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

You will have to ask/call your local Apple Store and see about turnover time

Find a Store - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 25, 2022 8:50 AM in response to Nashville2122

Nashville2122 wrote:

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

You will have to ask/call your local Apple Store and see about turnover time

Find a Store - Apple

MacBook Pro Battery Service?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.