You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music is renaming my custom playlists.

I've created a new playlist in Apple Music on my MacBook Air. I can rename this playlist the usual way, by editing the title and hitting enter to save. The weird thing is, when I go to add music to this playlist Apple Music decides that it wants to rename the playlist back to the (original) name. For instance if I started with a single song and created a new playlist, Apple Music would name it "Artist - Song Title". I can then rename the playlist by clicking on it in the side bar, clicking on the name and renaming it to say "Rock Songs I". Then I want to add another song to the playlist. If I drag it or click to add it makes no difference, the program changes the playlist from "Rock Songs I" to "Artist - Song Title". It does it EVERY TIME. As the pirate with the steering wheel fixed to his pants once said ITS DRIVING ME NUTS! Help please. :-)

https://youtu.be/-pUT65aikTU <---- Here's a video of my problem.

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 6:49 AM

2 replies

Apple Music is renaming my custom playlists.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.