You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I send a text message with a picture or video the picture or video disappears

When I send a text message with a picture or video the picture or video disappears.

How can I get my pictures and videos to remain in a text message that I send to someone.

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 6:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 11:03 PM

Hi Brownbutterfly,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Wondering if you are trying to send the messages over WiFi with the Messages app.

How to: Send and receive photos, videos, and audio messages on iPhone – Apple Support (AU)

Else :

If you use SMS for texts. and MMS for texts with photos etc., on iPhone, you need a text messaging plan.

You might need to check with your wireless carrier whether you can send MMS on your current plan.

Apple Support's article: About iMessage and SMS/MMS on iPhone: may help make things clearer:

What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS? – Apple Support (AU)

Hope this helps :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 26, 2022 11:03 PM in response to Brownbutterfly

Hi Brownbutterfly,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Wondering if you are trying to send the messages over WiFi with the Messages app.

How to: Send and receive photos, videos, and audio messages on iPhone – Apple Support (AU)

Else :

If you use SMS for texts. and MMS for texts with photos etc., on iPhone, you need a text messaging plan.

You might need to check with your wireless carrier whether you can send MMS on your current plan.

Apple Support's article: About iMessage and SMS/MMS on iPhone: may help make things clearer:

What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS? – Apple Support (AU)

Hope this helps :-)

When I send a text message with a picture or video the picture or video disappears

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.