You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"No" Symbol Covering Icon in Banner/Alert Notifications

Since upgrading to Monterey (12.3.1), I have been seeing a white "NO" symbol (circle with a bar through it) covering the icon of *some* apps in my banner and alert notifications. I am not seeing it over Apple apps, such as Reminders or Screen Time requests from my kids. I am seeing it over non-Apple apps such as Google Calendar and Things3 (but not, oddly, over Google Chrome). I'm including a screenshot of what the symbol looks like at the end of my post.

I have seen this once before in the past when I upgraded the OS. Apps that were not supported on the new OS would have the same "NO" symbol, indicating that the wouldn't work anymore. These apps, however, are all still functioning... and as far as I can tell, they have full permission to display notifications (just like the ones that are displaying the icon properly).

I saw where others had posted about this back in December and January. Hoping there is a solution out by now...? Thanks! :)

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 2:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 9, 2022 8:32 AM

svacdon wrote:

Since upgrading to Monterey (12.3.1), I have been seeing a white "NO" symbol (circle with a bar through it) covering the icon of *some* apps in my banner and alert notifications. I am not seeing it over Apple apps, such as Reminders or Screen Time requests from my kids. I am seeing it over non-Apple apps such as Google Calendar and Things3 (but not, oddly, over Google Chrome). I'm including a screenshot of what the symbol looks like at the end of my post.

I have seen this once before in the past when I upgraded the OS. Apps that were not supported on the new OS would have the same "NO" symbol, indicating that the wouldn't work anymore. These apps, however, are all still functioning... and as far as I can tell, they have full permission to display notifications (just like the ones that are displaying the icon properly).

I saw where others had posted about this back in December and January. Hoping there is a solution out by now...? Thanks! :)

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/adf641ce-abcc-440f-83c5-48993fd9bbfc

You can submit your Apple Feedback/file a bug report here: Product Feedback - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 9, 2022 8:32 AM in response to svacdon

svacdon wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/adf641ce-abcc-440f-83c5-48993fd9bbfc

You can submit your Apple Feedback/file a bug report here: Product Feedback - Apple

"No" Symbol Covering Icon in Banner/Alert Notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.