You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

9.99 has been taken out of my bank and I don’t know why

Why has 9.99 been taken out of my account

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 11:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 11:23 PM

Unknown Charge?

1. App Purchase
    1. Curious about a Charge? --> If you see an 'itunes.com/bill' or an unfamiliar charge on your statement
    2. If you have an issue with an app on App Store or billing --> Request a refund for an App Store or iTunes Store
  2. Subscriptions
    1. You may view a subscription to an app --> See or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support
    2. You can also request a refund for a recent renewal of an in-app subscription purchase 

Avoid accidental purchases

1. If it is your device then, please --> Use Guided Access with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple ... before handing over a device to a child.
  2. If it is your child's device then in the future, enable the Ask to Buy feature --> Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

It could be Phishing

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 27, 2022 11:23 PM in response to philomena178

Unknown Charge?

1. App Purchase
    1. Curious about a Charge? --> If you see an 'itunes.com/bill' or an unfamiliar charge on your statement
    2. If you have an issue with an app on App Store or billing --> Request a refund for an App Store or iTunes Store
  2. Subscriptions
    1. You may view a subscription to an app --> See or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support
    2. You can also request a refund for a recent renewal of an in-app subscription purchase 

Avoid accidental purchases

1. If it is your device then, please --> Use Guided Access with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple ... before handing over a device to a child.
  2. If it is your child's device then in the future, enable the Ask to Buy feature --> Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

It could be Phishing

Apr 27, 2022 11:31 PM in response to philomena178

philomena178 Said:

“Why has 9.99 been taken out of my account”

———-

Secure your Account:

Having suspicious activity with your account, someone likley has your credentials. So, do three Things:

Re-Associate All Devices:

Disassociate all devices from your Apple Account, first.  Sign out of iCloud on all of your devices.. Go here to check the devices associated to your account: Check your Apple ID Device list to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support. Then, log in to your Apple iCloud Account on each device.

A. Verify Your Devices:

Verify that your the devices logged in to your account or officially yours, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

B. Consider Modifying your Credentials:

By all means, consider modifying your credentials, starting with a new password.

C. Change the Password and Passcode:

9.99 has been taken out of my bank and I don’t know why

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.