You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro order delay issue

I ordered my new MacBook Pro 16 inches in the mid of March, the delivery date said it'll arrive in the mid of April or the end of April. And I checked again today the delivery was delayed it was changed from the start of June to mid-June. This is ridiculous, I can't wait that long for my laptop. I need to go travel abroad in the mid of May and I need the new laptop desperately. Is there any solution that I can contact Apple or suggestion?.

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 8:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 9:32 AM

I feel your pain. I ordered my custom MacBook on Feb 11th. My delivery date has changed twice, and now currently estimates May 9-16.

…and the worst part is my wife accidentally dumped a mug of coffee on my old MacBook a few days ago. Fried!

Similar questions

12 replies

Apr 28, 2022 8:34 AM in response to Lucus_1216

The total Zero Covid Tolerance in China is causing a major ripple effect with delays of custom MacBook Pros. It is something Apple has absolutely no control over since the Chinese Government has closed manufacturing facilities.

Read this --> https://9to5mac.com/2022/04/13/high-end-macbook-pro-ship-dates-slip-after-lockdown-in-china-iphone-se-3-remains-available/

Since you have a date deadline you must meet, it would be advisable to check with other retailers to see if they have one close to your desired spec in stock. If not, you have no choice but to wait and while I'm sure Apple would be happy to speak with you, they can't speed up your device over other devices ordered.

May 5, 2022 8:51 AM in response to vishnurao79

i just found the B&H has some higher end custom configs in stock. I just cancelled my order direct to Apple and bought one of the B&H MacBooks. It’ll arrive in LA on Monday! Woohoo!

If you open their support chat on the website, they can give you exact quantities in stock for models. In the end I spent a little more because I chose a different config with a larger internal SSD, but probably a good thing.

MacBook Pro order delay issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.