You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No "Recently Deleted" folder in Notes

Apple, everywhere online and in your own message forums you say to recover a recently deleted note (Apple Notes, iCloud Notes) you should look for a "recently deleted" folder. Well, I use iCloud notes, I am a programmer, and I can tell you with certainly there is no deleted folder and I have found no way to recover deleted notes. This is very troubling, given how easily they are deleted (an accidental press of delete key and no warning).

I am using an M1 chip MacBook Air (bought 4 days ago new from Apple).

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 10:05 AM

2 replies

Apr 28, 2022 10:08 AM in response to kteman01

I've also tried logging into iCloud.com. There is no recently deleted folder there either, or any way I can find deleted notes or get them back. Additionally undo does not work (Command-Z) which typically undos last actions, it also does not work after deleting a note. As you can see from the images, the down arrow is already expanded.

No "Recently Deleted" folder in Notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.