You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Studio changing all display resolutions to match the lowest

Hello,

I have four screens attached to my Mac Studio Max. Two are the 5K LG screens we all love, one is temporary (waiting for my Mac Studio Display) with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, and the other is a 10" HDMI display for my teleprompter, also 1920 x 1080.

The problem is that the computer will randomly change all of the screens to match the same resolution 1920x1080. I can adjust the individual settings to "Default for this monitor" and it will just change them back. Sometimes it will happen in a few minutes and other times it doesn't happen all day.

Any suggestions on what might be happening here or ways to correct it? I am hoping it will resolve itself once I get the studio display which is due sometime in the next two weeks.

Thanks

Alan

Mac Studio, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 8:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 7:58 PM

Well that is embarrassing since that is where I intended to post and thought I was posting. Apologies to all.

Similar questions

2 replies

Mac Studio changing all display resolutions to match the lowest

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.