You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My AirTag is connected to another Apple ID. How to reset it?

my airtag is already connect with someone apple id please tell me how can i remove their apple id i also try hard reset but its not working

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 1:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 18, 2022 7:18 PM

What if you purchased a “refurbished” item? My AirTag says it’s already registered to another Apple account. I have no idea who that would be so how do I wipe that data?

3 replies

Apr 30, 2022 2:31 AM in response to umarsiddiqui3

You need to get the previous owner to remove the AirTag from their Apple ID. See: If an item or device is connected to another Apple ID

If you try to set up an Apple device, AirTag or Find My network item and see a message that says it's connected to another Apple ID, ask the previous owner to follow the steps below to disconnect it from their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

1. Open the Find My app, then tap the Items tab or Devices tab.
  2. Tap the item or device you want to remove, then swipe up on the handle.
  3. Tap Remove Item or Remove This Device, then tap Remove to confirm.
  4. If your item or device is out of Bluetooth range of your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, you see an "AirTag Not Found" or "Item Not Found" message. Tap Remove.

My AirTag is connected to another Apple ID. How to reset it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.