You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Auto fill phone number does not match my contact card

When utilizing the iOS auto fill feature for my contact information, the wrong phone number populates. The correct phone number is linked in my contact card on all of my devices as well as my contact information in settings on all devices. This is incredibly frustrating that I have to change the phone number every time I use the auto fill feature for my name and address. I cannot for the life of me figure out where iOS is pulling the wrong phone number. I have tried deleting out all phone numbers on my contact card and it still auto fills a wrong phone number that I cannot find anywhere.

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 4:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 1, 2022 9:11 AM

That is some thing I didn’t consider! I don’t use Safari but I do use Chrome. I checked my contact information and it was correct in Chrome but when I went into Chrome addresses it was my old phone number that keeps auto populating. I made the edit. Thank you!

2 replies

May 1, 2022 8:11 AM in response to Christie276-

Hey there, Christie276!

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities.

Have you double checked Settings > Safari to ensure that the correct contact card has been selected for you? This is where Safari would pull that information from so if you can double check that it's using the right card, this could help. It's also a good idea to check the Contacts app to see if there may be a duplicate card that is causing this mismatched data.

We hope that this information is helpful.

​Have a great day!

Auto fill phone number does not match my contact card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.