You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't drag new songs to Music

If I click on an MP3 file or drag it to Music, I can't listen to that song.

When I double click to open, music indeed opens but it does not open the file.

If I drag the file to the tab songs, the green plus sign appears but when drop the file on it nothing happens.

If I choose to open the file with VLC it opens and plays normally.

What can I do to add new songs to Music?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 1, 2022 3:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 2, 2022 6:43 AM

What is the source of these songs? It would seem something changed recently at YouTube and those making use of YouTube ripping tools (in breach of the terms of use) have found that iTunes/Music won't accept recently converted files. If you buy your music from iTunes, Amazon, Bandcamp, etc. or rip from CD you shouldn't have any such issues.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 2, 2022 6:43 AM in response to Atgman

What is the source of these songs? It would seem something changed recently at YouTube and those making use of YouTube ripping tools (in breach of the terms of use) have found that iTunes/Music won't accept recently converted files. If you buy your music from iTunes, Amazon, Bandcamp, etc. or rip from CD you shouldn't have any such issues.

tt2

Can't drag new songs to Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.