You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2018 is having several issues after upgrading to Monterey

From day one, when I upgraded from Big Sur to Monterey, I've had problems with the OS, and still am having problems with version 12.3.1. The computer (a Mac Pro bought in 2018) does not shut down properly, and when I boot up, the keyboard does not work and the top menu bar with the Apple logo does not appear. My local Apple Store re-instaledl Monterey, but the problem persists. If I unplug several attached peripherals, the machine usually boots up. The Apple store checked both hardware and for viruses. Both were fine. Occasionally, the computer will send an error report. Is there a fix or solution to this problem? When I put the computer to sleep, it frequently reboots instead of waking properly. On rare occasions when I leave leave the computer for awhile, it reboots by itself. Needless to say, I am not happy with Monetary and all its bugs.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Mac Pro

Posted on May 1, 2022 11:54 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 1, 2022 1:59 PM in response to BobL53

Many thanks for your help. Here is the Etrecheck report.

EtreCheckPro version: 6.6 (66014)

Report generated: 2022-05-01 15:45:41

Download EtreCheckPro from https://etrecheck.com

Runtime: 3:16

Performance: Excellent

Problem: Other problem

Description: 

Computer does not shut down properly and reports an error on start up.

Computer frequently does not boot up properly unless I disconnected a

few peripherals first. (Top menu bar with Apple icon does not appear 

and hard wired keyboard will not work.

Major Issues:

Anything that appears on this list needs immediate attention. 

Unsigned files - There are unsigned software files installed that could be malicious and should be reviewed.

Kernel panics - This system has experienced kernel panics. This could be a sign of hardware failure.

Minor Issues:

These issues do not need immediate attention but they may indicate future problems or opportunities for improvement. 

More than one antivirus app - This computer has multiple antivirus apps installed.

Clean up - There are orphan files that could be removed.

Unsigned files - There are unsigned software files installed. These files could be old, incompatible, and cause problems. They should be reviewed.

System modifications - There are a large number of system modifications running in the background.

x86-only Apps - This computer has x86-only apps might not work on future versions of the operating system.

Kernel extensions present - This computer has kernel extensions that may not work in the future.

Sharing enabled - This computer has sharing services enabled that could be a security risk.

Hardware Information:

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

Mac Pro Model: MacPro6,1

3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5 (Xeon(R)) CPU: 4-core

32 GB RAM - Upgradeable

Video Information:

AMD FirePro D300 - VRAM: 2 GB

Thunderbolt Display 2560 x 1440

AMD FirePro D300 - VRAM: 2 GB

Drives:

disk0 - APPLE SSD SM1024G 1.00 TB (Solid State - TRIM: Yes)

Internal PCI 5.0 GT/s x4 Serial ATA

disk0s1 - EFI (MS-DOS FAT32) [EFI] 210 MB

disk0s2 [APFS Container] 1.00 TB

disk1 [APFS Virtual drive] 1.00 TB (Shared by 6 volumes)

disk1s1 - Macintosh HD - Data (APFS) [APFS Virtual drive] (Shared - 728.82 GB used)

disk1s2 - Preboot (APFS) [APFS Preboot] (Shared - 558 MB used)

disk1s3 - Recovery (APFS) [Recovery] (Shared - 1.11 GB used)

disk1s4 - VM (APFS) [APFS VM] (Shared - 1 MB used)

disk1s5 - Update (APFS) (Shared - 10 MB used)

disk1s6 (APFS) [APFS Container] (Shared - 15.19 GB used)

disk1s6s1 - Macintosh HD (APFS) [APFS Snapshot] (Shared - 15.19 GB used)

disk2 - SanDisk Extreme 55AE 2.00 TB (Solid State - TRIM: No)

External USB 5 Gbit/s USB

disk2s1 - EFI (MS-DOS FAT32) [EFI] 210 MB

disk2s2 [APFS Container] 2.00 TB

disk3 [APFS Virtual drive] 2.00 TB (Shared by 1 volumes)

disk3s2 - T**********2 (APFS) (Shared - 1.59 TB used)

disk4 - PNY USB 3.0 FD 123.82 GB

External USB 480 Mbit/s USB

disk4s1 - J*****E (MS-DOS FAT32) 123.81 GB (1.04 GB used)

Mounted Volumes:

disk1s1 - Macintosh HD - Data [APFS Virtual drive]

1.00 TB (Shared - 728.82 GB used, 270.44 GB available, 254.45 GB free)

APFS

Mount point: /System/Volumes/Data

disk1s2 - Preboot [APFS Preboot]

1.00 TB (Shared - 558 MB used, 254.45 GB free)

APFS

Mount point: /System/Volumes/Preboot

disk1s4 - VM [APFS VM]

1.00 TB (Shared - 1 MB used, 254.45 GB free)

APFS

Mount point: /System/Volumes/VM

May 1, 2022 1:13 PM in response to BobL53

Download and run this app so we can find more information about your installation.

https://etrecheck.com/upgrade

It shows what is launched and other information and is very useful in finding causes of problems. After you first launch the app make sure you check Enable full disk access in the box in lower left.

After running the app use the app's Share feature “Copy” that pastes to clipboard. Then paste it in the text box for a reply in this forum click on the addition text icon. This is because the normal reply text box limits how much you can type.

o personal identifiable information is contained if the app output. The app was written for a person who is contributor to these Apple Support Communities

For the future, not that this is the forum for Mac Pro desktop Mac. they were offered in 2006-2012, 2013 and 2019. I think you have a MacBook Pro

MacBook Pro 2018 is having several issues after upgrading to Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.