You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud mail folders not showing up on Mac M1 Mail

I have several iCloud accounts that I track from my mail program...

On iOS and iPadOS, the mail app successfully shows me the mailbox folders I have created for ALL of the iCloud accounts.

On mail on the Mac, it is only showing me the mailbox folders for the iCloud AppleID I am logged into the Mac with. All of the other iCloud accounts in my mail show me the typical InBox, Trash, etc. but NOT the folders I created for those accounts.

I have tried rebuilding the mailboxes - did not change anything.

Thanks, TJ

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 2, 2022 9:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 2, 2022 10:01 AM

Sign in with the same Apple ID & password say example1@icloud.com on your iPhone & Mac and connect both with an usb cable .Overview of syncing your Mac and your devices - Apple Support

Click on finder > general > sync 

Let the bar be completely loaded .

Open your mailbox in iPhone 

Click on edit option on the up-right corner 

Click on “new mailbox” option on your down-right corner ,

In the new mail box , in the name section enter your iCloud id say example1@icloud.com

And set your mailbox location as per you requirement (iCloud / gmail) - prefer iCloud 

Then again click on edit , you will see your apple id , under it you will find an option of “new mailbox '’on your right corner > chose the name for your folder and add the mailbox location ( iCloud id )> click on save > finally click on done .

The folder is created in iPhone , from web browser ( mac ) open www.icoud.com in mail section in the bottom left corner click on refresh , the mail folders will be visible after few moments , then open IMAP account in mac  Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support under iCloud section in the bottom click on drop down arrows all mail folders will appear .

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 2, 2022 10:01 AM in response to tj4shee

Sign in with the same Apple ID & password say example1@icloud.com on your iPhone & Mac and connect both with an usb cable .Overview of syncing your Mac and your devices - Apple Support

Click on finder > general > sync 

Let the bar be completely loaded .

Open your mailbox in iPhone 

Click on edit option on the up-right corner 

Click on “new mailbox” option on your down-right corner ,

In the new mail box , in the name section enter your iCloud id say example1@icloud.com

And set your mailbox location as per you requirement (iCloud / gmail) - prefer iCloud 

Then again click on edit , you will see your apple id , under it you will find an option of “new mailbox '’on your right corner > chose the name for your folder and add the mailbox location ( iCloud id )> click on save > finally click on done .

The folder is created in iPhone , from web browser ( mac ) open www.icoud.com in mail section in the bottom left corner click on refresh , the mail folders will be visible after few moments , then open IMAP account in mac  Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support under iCloud section in the bottom click on drop down arrows all mail folders will appear .

iCloud mail folders not showing up on Mac M1 Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.