You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePods won't play Apple Music Library

Every few months or so my HomePods stop being able to access my Apple Music Library (I use iTunes match). For some reason this time I am unable to fix it -- None of the usual fixes work. I have removed and restarted all of my HomePods (I have four). I have restarted my router. I have reset my network settings. I have signed in and out of iCloud on all my HomePods and all my devices. I have turned off voice recognition.

Despite doing all this, when I ask Siri to play music on the HomePod she says "to do that your Apple music subscription needs to be updated," but Siri is able to access my music with no problem on my iPhone, iPad, and computers. Any ideas? It is INCREDIBLE to me that Apple is on version FIFTEEN of this software and it still doesn't work properly.

Posted on May 2, 2022 2:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 2, 2022 4:21 PM

Thanks, Turingtest -- basically the solution turned out to be turning off voice recognition, then restarting my phone, separating any linked HomePods, and then restarting them. Siri can then find my music, and then I can turn voice recognition back on in order to make personal requests. I'm adding the solution here in the hopes that it will help others with the same problem, and so it will be up here so I can remember what I did when the problem (inevitably) occurs again!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 2, 2022 4:21 PM in response to turingtest2

Thanks, Turingtest -- basically the solution turned out to be turning off voice recognition, then restarting my phone, separating any linked HomePods, and then restarting them. Siri can then find my music, and then I can turn voice recognition back on in order to make personal requests. I'm adding the solution here in the hopes that it will help others with the same problem, and so it will be up here so I can remember what I did when the problem (inevitably) occurs again!

HomePods won't play Apple Music Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.