You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family share for teens

How do I add my 16 year old as a child on my family share? He set up his own icloud account but I want to have more control over his screen time.

Posted on May 2, 2022 7:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 3, 2022 6:08 AM

You will have to use standard parenting methods if you want to establish some kind of control over his phone, at least to gain access for setting up screen time. For most countries Apple only requires parental involvement with accounts if a child is under 13.

Click on this link to learn how to 'Set up Family Sharing' --> Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Read the section: "Invite people to join your family"

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 3, 2022 6:08 AM in response to stephish_

You will have to use standard parenting methods if you want to establish some kind of control over his phone, at least to gain access for setting up screen time. For most countries Apple only requires parental involvement with accounts if a child is under 13.

Click on this link to learn how to 'Set up Family Sharing' --> Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Read the section: "Invite people to join your family"

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Family share for teens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.