You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone text sound notification not working? Solution here

I had this problem and I fixed it by turning off Imessage and all notifications worked as set up. Now I can’t use IMessage, but I get all notifications of texts. It’s a temporary solution to a problem that will hopefully be fixed by apple.

iPhone 13

Posted on May 2, 2022 9:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 2, 2022 9:48 PM

lcfrgt Said:

"iPhone text sound notification not working? Solution here :"

-------

Troubleshooting Notifications Volume:

Q1. " had this problem and I fixed it by turning off Imessage and all notifications worked as set up. Now I can’t use IMessage, but I get all notifications of texts.[...]"

A1. Try these Links:

Perform what's on these two sites:

• Enable Ring:

How to Put your iPhone on Vibrate, Ring, or Silent Mode - Apple Support

• Disable "Do Not Disturb":

Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Q2. "[...]It’s a temporary solution to a problem that will hopefully be fixed by apple."

A2. Provide Apple Feedback:

Do your Part: Being suspicious of a bug, most certainly this bug to AppleApple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what bugs are occurring and what needs to be fixed.

How to Give Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you came across this issue, and how you've troubleshot it thus far. Include the URL of this post.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 2, 2022 9:48 PM in response to lcfrgt

lcfrgt Said:

"iPhone text sound notification not working? Solution here :"

-------

Troubleshooting Notifications Volume:

Q1. " had this problem and I fixed it by turning off Imessage and all notifications worked as set up. Now I can’t use IMessage, but I get all notifications of texts.[...]"

A1. Try these Links:

Perform what's on these two sites:

• Enable Ring:

How to Put your iPhone on Vibrate, Ring, or Silent Mode - Apple Support

• Disable "Do Not Disturb":

Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Q2. "[...]It’s a temporary solution to a problem that will hopefully be fixed by apple."

A2. Provide Apple Feedback:

Do your Part: Being suspicious of a bug, most certainly this bug to AppleApple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what bugs are occurring and what needs to be fixed.

How to Give Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you came across this issue, and how you've troubleshot it thus far. Include the URL of this post.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

iPhone text sound notification not working? Solution here

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.