You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update iPad App Store app on Macbook, can't reinstall it after deleting

I haven't been able to update the Yahoo Finance iPad app on my M1 Macbook for a few months. When pressing the update button, the request fails immediately without any visible errors.

I finally tried deleting it (to try to reinstall it and see if that helped), but reinstalling the app fails with the same "silent" error as when trying to update it earlier.

Looking in Console I see the following errors from appstoreagent when attempting the actions above:

[PurchaseService]: [62231833] Purchase completed with error: Error Domain=ASDErrorDomain Code=506 "Duplicate request" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Duplicate request, NSLocalizedFailureReason=Request is a duplicate of UPD836A0F6A/com.yahoo.finance:328412701}

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on May 3, 2022 2:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 3, 2022 2:38 AM

I found the following solution on the Chinese Apple forum and it fixed the issue for me.

On the Terminal app, run the following commands, substituting the placeholder with your username.

sudo rm -rf /Users/xxxxx/Library/Caches/com.apple.appstore

sudo rm -rf /Users/xxxxx/Library/Caches/com.apple.appstoreagent

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 3, 2022 2:38 AM in response to guillergr

I found the following solution on the Chinese Apple forum and it fixed the issue for me.

On the Terminal app, run the following commands, substituting the placeholder with your username.

sudo rm -rf /Users/xxxxx/Library/Caches/com.apple.appstore

sudo rm -rf /Users/xxxxx/Library/Caches/com.apple.appstoreagent

Can't update iPad App Store app on Macbook, can't reinstall it after deleting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.