You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

programma windows su mac

Buongiorno a tutti,

uso abitualmente un mac.

Vorrei acquistare un nuovo mac per mia mamma che però lo utilizzerà prevalentemente per il burraco (gioco di carte) e necessiterà di installare un programma apposito (gtburraco) per la gestione dei tornei che purtroppo funziona solo con Windows. Esiste il modo per ripartire un mac e usarlo in modo agevole in ambiente Windows, senza scaricare programmi complicati che necessitano di essere sempre online su internet tenendo conto che mia mamma ha 75 anni e non molto tecnologica? In caso contrario dovrò rinunciare al mac e i dispiacerebbe visto che le ho già acquistato un iPhone e si trova benissimo.

Grazie per le informazioni che potrete trasmettermi.

Matteo

MacBook

Posted on May 3, 2022 3:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2022 8:39 AM

Translation:

"Good morning everyone, I usually use a mac. I would like to buy a new mac for my mom but she will mainly use it for burraco (card game) and will need to install a special program (gtburraco) for managing tournaments which unfortunately only works with Windows. Is there a way to restart a Mac and use it easily in a Windows environment, without downloading complicated programs that need to be always online on the internet, taking into account that my mom is 75 years old and not very technological? Otherwise I will have to give up the mac and i would be sorry since I already bought her an iPhone and she is fine. Thanks for the information you can send me. Matteo"

If you want to use a Mac, you need to use an App written for Macs.

You can't just run a Windows environment on a Mac. For the Intel Macs, you could use a Virtual Machine to do so, but for the M1 chip Macs that essentially impossible. And the VM setup requires you own a Microsoft Windows license.

The VM use process is that "complicated" one you say you want to avoid.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 18, 2022 8:39 AM in response to Whippet73

Translation:

"Good morning everyone, I usually use a mac. I would like to buy a new mac for my mom but she will mainly use it for burraco (card game) and will need to install a special program (gtburraco) for managing tournaments which unfortunately only works with Windows. Is there a way to restart a Mac and use it easily in a Windows environment, without downloading complicated programs that need to be always online on the internet, taking into account that my mom is 75 years old and not very technological? Otherwise I will have to give up the mac and i would be sorry since I already bought her an iPhone and she is fine. Thanks for the information you can send me. Matteo"

If you want to use a Mac, you need to use an App written for Macs.

You can't just run a Windows environment on a Mac. For the Intel Macs, you could use a Virtual Machine to do so, but for the M1 chip Macs that essentially impossible. And the VM setup requires you own a Microsoft Windows license.

The VM use process is that "complicated" one you say you want to avoid.

programma windows su mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.