You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 3rd gen Apple TV app won’t load content. Cannot access anything. Stuck in “accessing tv” loop

TV 3rd gen Apple TV app won’t load content. Cannot access anything. Stuck in “accessing tv” loop. Software is up to date. How do I fix this?

Apple TV

Posted on May 7, 2022 1:17 AM

7 replies

May 7, 2022 2:38 AM in response to Urquhart1244

I have exactly the same problem. The network is working because the TV will download and play movies from Apple, but not TV+. It is only the TV+ app that has the problem. This began suddenly about 24 hours ago. I have:

• restarted the AppleTV
  • reset the AppleTV
  • restored the AppleTV
  • rebooted the router
  • changed the DNS to point away from OpenDNS to my local ISP DNS
  • changed the network connection on the AppleTV from ethernet to wireless.

The problem persists. My suspicion is an Apple update has killed the service on the AppleTV generation 3 model.

May 7, 2022 4:08 AM in response to 6079_Smith_W

My suspicion is an Apple update has killed the service on the AppleTV generation 3 model.

The last update for the 3rd generation model was in March, and people have been accessing Apple TV+ on that model since. The cause is not a software update on your device.

“Accessing TV”

It does seem to be a bit more widespread recently than expected from user setup variations, so consider reporting this issue to Apple, with details that would help the researchers (e.g. location). Feedback - Apple TV - Apple

Apple TV 3rd gen Apple TV app won’t load content. Cannot access anything. Stuck in “accessing tv” loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.