You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot access any emails? They are coming up as little squares on bottom of page but blank when slid up. How can I get my screen./ emails back?

I cannot access any emails? They are coming up as little squares on bottom of page but blank when slid up. How can I get my screen./ emails back?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on May 7, 2022 4:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 7, 2022 4:31 AM

You are apparently triggering the Mail Shelf - each thumbnail representing an open Mail window/view. For each of the thumbnail blank thumbnail images that you can see, close each view by swipe each off the top of the screen.

When all the thumbnail views have been closed, force close the Mail App - then force-restart your iPad:

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

After restarting your iPad, you can re-open the Mail App.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 7, 2022 4:31 AM in response to Donnatime

You are apparently triggering the Mail Shelf - each thumbnail representing an open Mail window/view. For each of the thumbnail blank thumbnail images that you can see, close each view by swipe each off the top of the screen.

When all the thumbnail views have been closed, force close the Mail App - then force-restart your iPad:

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

After restarting your iPad, you can re-open the Mail App.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.