You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is the battery capacity declining rapidly?

6 months 4 days MacBook Pro M1 is used an average of 15 hours per day. Now Cycle Count: 44 and Maximum Capacity: 95%. The last two months have seen a decline of about 4%. I think the battery capacity has decreased a lot in a short time. What is the reason for this? What should I do now? Someone help me please.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 7, 2022 8:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 7, 2022 8:33 AM

m_chanchal wrote:

6 months 4 days MacBook Pro M1 is used an average of 15 hours per day. Now Cycle Count: 44 and Maximum Capacity: 95%. The last two months have seen a decline of about 4%. I think the battery capacity has decreased a lot in a short time. What is the reason for this? What should I do now? Someone help me please.

I would not fret, and I would not try an micro-manage the battery.

If capacity drops below 80%, hardware is covered by the 1-yr limited warranty.

Your Hardware Warranty - Apple

AppleCARE+ covers hardware for an additional 2 years.

AppleCare Products - Mac - Apple

Let the software mange the battery for you—

About battery health management in Mac notebooks

w/ silicon About battery health management in Mac notebooks - Apple Support

The rule of thumb is—"if you are near the mains leave it plugged in, if you need the portibility then run on battery only. " — This is how you extend the working life of your Notebook battery.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 7, 2022 8:33 AM in response to m_chanchal

m_chanchal wrote:

I would not fret, and I would not try an micro-manage the battery.

If capacity drops below 80%, hardware is covered by the 1-yr limited warranty.

Your Hardware Warranty - Apple

AppleCARE+ covers hardware for an additional 2 years.

AppleCare Products - Mac - Apple

Let the software mange the battery for you—

About battery health management in Mac notebooks

w/ silicon About battery health management in Mac notebooks - Apple Support

The rule of thumb is—"if you are near the mains leave it plugged in, if you need the portibility then run on battery only. " — This is how you extend the working life of your Notebook battery.

Why is the battery capacity declining rapidly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.