You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay from iMac to Tv or apple Tv

Can I extend (mirror) my screen from my iMac to my Tv or apple tv?

Apple TV HD, tvOS 15

Posted on May 7, 2022 4:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 7, 2022 5:56 PM

Assuming the TV supports Airplay 2 then yes, you can go direct from the iMac to the TV wirelessly, both the iMac and the TV must be on the same network. Please check with your TV's support or check the manual to see if it supports Airplay 2. If it does, please refer to:

Use AirPlay to stream what’s on your Mac to an HDTV - Apple Support

and also

iOS - Home Accessories - Apple (note this is a list of AirPlay 2 enabled TVs.)

If your TV does not support Airplay 2 does not then you will need an Apple TV streaming device, I'd recommend the Apple TV 4K model.

Another option is if the computer is close enough you can set the TV up as an external display and connect the iMac directly to the TV's HDMI input.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 7, 2022 5:56 PM in response to charizars

Assuming the TV supports Airplay 2 then yes, you can go direct from the iMac to the TV wirelessly, both the iMac and the TV must be on the same network. Please check with your TV's support or check the manual to see if it supports Airplay 2. If it does, please refer to:

Use AirPlay to stream what’s on your Mac to an HDTV - Apple Support

and also

iOS - Home Accessories - Apple (note this is a list of AirPlay 2 enabled TVs.)

If your TV does not support Airplay 2 does not then you will need an Apple TV streaming device, I'd recommend the Apple TV 4K model.

Another option is if the computer is close enough you can set the TV up as an external display and connect the iMac directly to the TV's HDMI input.

AirPlay from iMac to Tv or apple Tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.