You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

20W adapter is heating up while charging iPad pro

My iPad Pro and the charger that came with it both are heating up while charging. I do not use iPad while charging.so I want to know the reason for heat up

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 10, 2022 11:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 10, 2022 11:38 AM

It is entirely normal for an iPad or its Power Adapter to become warm (or very warm) when being used or charging. It is recommended, however, that you disconnect the Power Adapter from the AC-mains supply when it is not being used to power or charge the iPad.

While either may become warm in normal use, the neither should not become uncomfortably hot to handle. If you have any concerns at all, you would be well advised for peace of mind to take your iPad along to the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store - where the technicians can examine and test your iPad and Power Adapter.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 10, 2022 11:38 AM in response to Ifrahh001

It is entirely normal for an iPad or its Power Adapter to become warm (or very warm) when being used or charging. It is recommended, however, that you disconnect the Power Adapter from the AC-mains supply when it is not being used to power or charge the iPad.

While either may become warm in normal use, the neither should not become uncomfortably hot to handle. If you have any concerns at all, you would be well advised for peace of mind to take your iPad along to the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store - where the technicians can examine and test your iPad and Power Adapter.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

20W adapter is heating up while charging iPad pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.