You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is a billing problem with a family member's previous purchase.

I don’t know why it says this but when I either delete an app and want to re-download it, or pre-download an app so I can download it before it’s out, even if the app is free, it says that. And I don’t know what to do the only thing I’ve been doing is hoping that my back up is saved from before it was doing this and then resetting everything and then using that back up and I have to keep updating everything but soon it does that again to the apps so is there another solution because I can’t keep doing this, it takes hours to do, and it’s only free apps nothing to do with my card.

Posted on May 10, 2022 1:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 10, 2022 7:59 PM

Whoever is the creator of the Family group needs to speak directly to Apple and resolve this previous debt.

1-800-MY-APPLE

M1 Mac mini, macOS 12.3.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 8.5.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 15.4.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15.4.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 15.4.1; HomePods, audioOS 15.4.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 10, 2022 7:59 PM in response to Kapkio

Whoever is the creator of the Family group needs to speak directly to Apple and resolve this previous debt.

1-800-MY-APPLE

M1 Mac mini, macOS 12.3.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 8.5.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 15.4.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15.4.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 15.4.1; HomePods, audioOS 15.4.1 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

There is a billing problem with a family member's previous purchase.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.