You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac crashes unexpectedly. Needs PRAM reset to startup again.

After update to Monterey, my mac keeps crashing and will not startup again unless I reset the PRAM. Also, each time I restart the computer, mds_store hogs all the CPU for about 5 minutes before going back to normal.

EntreCheck states kernal panics as issue each time I've experienced a crash. Ran Apple Diagnostics and found no hardware issues. Already wiped the computer and did a clean reinstall of Monterey. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on May 10, 2022 8:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 12, 2022 12:59 AM

I find nothing in the report that might cause the problem but sometimes a combination of things can cause a problem.

Aloo I can suggest is to do a fresh install of Monterey and install apps one by one and seeing if the problem occurs after installing each app.

Similar questions

5 replies

May 11, 2022 2:08 AM in response to smiley0u

Follow previous suggestion First.

But if the user really what's to run Etrecheck Application

Suggest downloading the Application Etrecheck directly from a well Respected ASC Contributor. And Safe to use.

The application is free or paid from added features. 

Run the application with Full Disc Access ( Security & Privacy - Full Disc Access ).

It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software.

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last )

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues.

May 12, 2022 1:48 AM in response to smiley0u

Would agree with previous posting.

Though, the Apple Employee was a Clerk employee or was the computer evaluated properly as in Over Night Evaluation for hardware issues.

A "quick look and see " from a Clerk is not the same as an in-depth Hardware Evaluation

Reason am highlighting this is because the report does indicate a possible Hardware issue. It is not definitive, but if was my machine - would to the extra detailed Evaluation

Mac crashes unexpectedly. Needs PRAM reset to startup again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.