You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ICloud account deleted in a hack

My phone was hacked and the evildoer had access to my email, trusted phone, and ICloud password. The account was deleted and cannot be recovered, according to Apple. Photos, contacts and files not accessible. Has this happened to anyone else? What can I do to prevent this with my new account?

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on May 14, 2022 2:26 PM

3 replies

May 14, 2022 6:29 PM in response to muguy

This is not compromised. There is no ICloud account. It was deleted. They could do it because they had my password, my passcode, and because they had my trusted device. It was my iCloud account for 20+ years and it does not exist. It started when my phone started overheating and had strange noises in the background. AT&T found two different phones with two different IMEI numbers using the same phone number (mine). Everything I did was mirrored. AT&T said to secure my banking accounts and change my passwords. I was working on that when the evildoers deleted the ICloud account. ATT wiped the device and deleted the phone number but it was too late. I can’t believe I am the only one. Apple tech said it can just be a preface to a DOS attack.

ICloud account deleted in a hack

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.