You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV not connecting to ethernet

I have two Apple TV 4K that I recently discovered that were connecting only through WiFi. Both work with ethernet before. I have done a lot of troubleshooting including, changing the cables, cleaning the ports, restart, reset to factory settings and have played with the router settings but nothing works. The software is updated. Please help.

Posted on May 15, 2022 6:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 15, 2022 1:19 PM

Ethernet would normally connect the easiest of all. Plug in and done. There are no settings to tweak.

If you can, try to connect to a different network over ethernet, to distinguish between network infrastructure and your Apple TV box. If the behavior is the same on another network, then contact Apple about repair options. If the behavior is different on another network, then consult with a home network expert about your network setup.

Or keep using Wi-Fi. That is perfectly fine too.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 15, 2022 1:19 PM in response to gilbertocastro

Ethernet would normally connect the easiest of all. Plug in and done. There are no settings to tweak.

If you can, try to connect to a different network over ethernet, to distinguish between network infrastructure and your Apple TV box. If the behavior is the same on another network, then contact Apple about repair options. If the behavior is different on another network, then consult with a home network expert about your network setup.

Or keep using Wi-Fi. That is perfectly fine too.

Apple TV not connecting to ethernet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.