You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't add a song to iMovie

I downloaded and paid for a song but I can't add it to my iMovie

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 15, 2022 9:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 15, 2022 11:04 AM

If the iTunes song is stored in the cloud iMovie won't read it. Also, it won't play if it happens to be one of the few iTunes songs that are still DRM protected.

It would help if you would describe exactly what steps you took to acquire the song and download it to iMovie. Does the song not appear in the audio pane, or does it appear but won't download or play in the iMovie timeline?

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 15, 2022 11:04 AM in response to Gal77

If the iTunes song is stored in the cloud iMovie won't read it. Also, it won't play if it happens to be one of the few iTunes songs that are still DRM protected.

It would help if you would describe exactly what steps you took to acquire the song and download it to iMovie. Does the song not appear in the audio pane, or does it appear but won't download or play in the iMovie timeline?

-- Rich

I can't add a song to iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.