You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 13 Pro Max with iOS 15.5 broke auto adjust brightness

After todays update, my phone no longer adjusts the brightness to see it outside. It’s always dim. I tried restarting the phone, and it shows max brightness, but then goes back to dim. I spend a lot of time outside so this is annoying. I don’t have access to a MacBook or something to revert the update.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on May 16, 2022 1:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 21, 2022 12:52 PM

I found that using dark mode in direct sunlight makes it hard to read in direct sunlight. Switching to light mode made it easier. I’m homeless now looking for jobs and I have to send emails and stuff from my phone because all my stuff is in a storage locker and I live out of my car right now.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 21, 2022 12:52 PM in response to gir489

I found that using dark mode in direct sunlight makes it hard to read in direct sunlight. Switching to light mode made it easier. I’m homeless now looking for jobs and I have to send emails and stuff from my phone because all my stuff is in a storage locker and I live out of my car right now.

IPhone 13 Pro Max with iOS 15.5 broke auto adjust brightness

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.