You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4k Screensaver not activating while Music app is is doing its thing.

Hi, I have the screensaver set to be active during music, but it never shows up. I really do not need or want to see the album art or or lyrics. I have a pretty bright and new LG OLED tv and i would rather not risk image burn from needlessly displaying the album art. I love using the atmos/spacial audio mixes but seeing id rather have the slideshow when music is playing, its rather relaxing. This wouldn't be an issue if Apple added a visualizer or two as an option. (hint hint wink wink, please Apple)

I am running whatever the current stable public production build of TVos, its set to auto update.

Posted on May 16, 2022 6:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 17, 2022 9:23 AM

Tested on my system and the screensaver does activate when that setting is enabled. You may have it set to auto update but it's best to verify what firmware is currently running just in case (15.5 is the latest).

FYI: This is a user forum, best to use the feedback form to let them know about any features you are interested in

Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 17, 2022 9:23 AM in response to oddgit

Tested on my system and the screensaver does activate when that setting is enabled. You may have it set to auto update but it's best to verify what firmware is currently running just in case (15.5 is the latest).

FYI: This is a user forum, best to use the feedback form to let them know about any features you are interested in

Product Feedback - Apple

Apple TV 4k Screensaver not activating while Music app is is doing its thing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.