You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to lock a stolen new mac

I haven't even set up my new laptop. It was lost at airport security. How can I disable it.

I have original package box with me which has serial no,part number and other details..etc.

Posted on May 16, 2022 9:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 16, 2022 9:48 PM

rao_1977 Said:

"how to lock a stolen new Mac: It is a brand new laptop.Nothing has been set up. Can you tell me how to lock this laptop when the person who stole tries to set it up?: I just have a package, Invoice & order details..etc."

-------

No. You can't lock this up, if it has not been associated to your account. So, if you suspect this was stollen, then speak to the officials at the AirPort?

So, Secure your Accounts:

When it comes to Accounts, you should modify the credentials every-so-often, for security purposes.

A. Verify Your Devices:

Verify that your the devices logged in to your account or officially yours, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

B. Consider Modifying your Credentials:

Having been stollen, someone likey has your credentials. So, by all means, consider modifying them, starting with a new password.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 16, 2022 9:48 PM in response to rao_1977

rao_1977 Said:

"how to lock a stolen new Mac: It is a brand new laptop.Nothing has been set up. Can you tell me how to lock this laptop when the person who stole tries to set it up?: I just have a package, Invoice & order details..etc."

-------

No. You can't lock this up, if it has not been associated to your account. So, if you suspect this was stollen, then speak to the officials at the AirPort?

So, Secure your Accounts:

When it comes to Accounts, you should modify the credentials every-so-often, for security purposes.

A. Verify Your Devices:

Verify that your the devices logged in to your account or officially yours, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

Having been stollen, someone likey has your credentials. So, by all means, consider modifying them, starting with a new password.

May 16, 2022 9:13 PM in response to rao_1977

rao_1977 Said:

"how to lock a stolen new Mac: I haven't even set up my new laptop. It was lost at airport security. How can I disable it. I have original package box with me which has serial no,part number and other details..etc."

-------

Disabling a Mac:

You cannot disable a Mac. Best you can do is lock it.

I. Use "Find My":

So, did you ever setup Find My? Using Find My: Use the Find My App to Locate a Missing Device or Item - Apple Support. If Find My was enabled with these, then you may be able to erase it.

and...

II. Secure your Accounts:

A. Verify Your Devices:

how to lock a stolen new mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.