You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

help

so ive erased my disk to give it to my brother but its not installing mac os, please help me

MacBook Air

Posted on May 17, 2022 3:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 18, 2022 2:19 AM

Was this Apple method used ? Use Disk Utility to erase an Intel-based Mac

Was this Apple method used to reinstall the OS ? How to reinstall macOS - This will require a functioning Internet Connection. Suggested is using an Ethernet Cable to Router

Follow these guidelines during installation:

• If the installer asks to unlock your disk, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac.
  • If the installer doesn't see your disk, or it says that it can't install on your computer or volume, you might need to erase your disk first.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 18, 2022 2:19 AM in response to randommacuser2826

Was this Apple method used ? Use Disk Utility to erase an Intel-based Mac

Was this Apple method used to reinstall the OS ? How to reinstall macOS - This will require a functioning Internet Connection. Suggested is using an Ethernet Cable to Router

Follow these guidelines during installation:

• If the installer asks to unlock your disk, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac.
  • If the installer doesn't see your disk, or it says that it can't install on your computer or volume, you might need to erase your disk first.

help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.