You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with voice memos on my iPhone

I have been making several voice memos lately and I've encountered a problem a few times that I can't figure out and I need help! Here is an example:

I was recording a voice memo today and I was on about minute 25, I paused the recording, clicked out of it to look something up in safari, clicked back into it and started recording again for another 3 minutes. The memo saved the changes, I went back to the home screen and I tried to click on the three dots in the top right so I can add the voice memo to my files. But it is not clickable. I tried hitting the edit button at the top, then selecting the file, but then the "share" button is unclickable as well. However, the file is still listenable. Everything is fine until I got to the part where I paused to look something up. The last 3 minutes were lost. Which is not that big of a deal, I rerecorded those three minutes. But the first 25 is just stuck in the voice memo app and I can't send it in a message or upload it to files or anything.

Can anyone help?

This has happened a few times and it's very frustrating. Thank you!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on May 17, 2022 4:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 17, 2022 6:07 PM

Please refer to the two Pics Below

1. iPhone 6 with Apple Music Cloud Library Enabled
    1. Tap on Three Dot > Share > Save to Files
    2. Tap on Three Dot > Share > AirDrop
  2. iPad Pro with NO Cloud Library
    1. Sync Using iTunes/Finder and Select Voice Memo

2 replies

May 17, 2022 6:07 PM in response to aye_bee_bee

You may try the following options

1. Settings > Voice Memo > Audio Quality > [ Try which ever works ]
  2. Was it your last recording then, test your microphone on your iPhone, If the microphones on your iPhone, aren't
  3. use iMovie to test your recording and recording sound level
  4. Upload to iCloud / iCloud Drive then try playing
  5. Convert the m4a audio file to wav or aac audio file using any audio converter (Many available in the app store)
  6. Last resort; download to Mac/PC use any Audio repair tools available over the internet. (Warning; Risk is yours)

Issues with voice memos on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.