You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have upgraded my storage and it reflects however despite all the unused space it reports that it is full and won’t upload my photos

how can I resolve the issue that despite having upgraded to 2T my photos still think I have no space and won’t upload?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on May 17, 2022 11:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 18, 2022 12:17 AM

Hi,

Is your device storage full? If so, purchasing additional iCloud+ storage would not resolve your issue.

You would need to manage your storage within Settings > General > iPhone Storage.

There should also be recommendations on how to optimize your storage.

The following articles should be able to further assist:

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 18, 2022 12:17 AM in response to AshleighP-18

Hi,

Is your device storage full? If so, purchasing additional iCloud+ storage would not resolve your issue.

You would need to manage your storage within Settings > General > iPhone Storage.

There should also be recommendations on how to optimize your storage.

The following articles should be able to further assist:

May 27, 2022 10:58 PM in response to AshleighP-18

Hi,

What is the error message when attempting to back up with iCloud Photos?

Do you see the error/alert in Settings > Name > iCloud > Photos,

Settings > General > iPhone Storage >

or in the Photos app?

Do you have iCloud Photos set to Optimize Storage or Download and Keep Originals?

Are you running iOS 15.5 in Settings > General > About > Version?

I have upgraded my storage and it reflects however despite all the unused space it reports that it is full and won’t upload my photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.