You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple care for a ipad

Hi I have found a brand new in sealed box ipad for sale from a private seller I want to purchase Apple care for it what do I need from the seller?

Posted on May 20, 2022 7:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 20, 2022 8:24 AM

Unless the device was bought from Apple is less than 60 days ago, it is no longer eligible for Apple Care+. Apple Care+ can only be bought within 60 days of purchasing the device.

Apple Care and Apple Care+ are both versions of the purchasable extension of the regular 1 year warranty. Some countries offer only Apple Care (not the plus version) as the purchasable Apple Care plan instead of Apple Care+.

The 1 Year Warranty is not referred to by Apple as Apple Care. Its simply the 1 year warranty.

Legal - AppleCare Protection Plan - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 20, 2022 8:24 AM in response to Hapntap

Unless the device was bought from Apple is less than 60 days ago, it is no longer eligible for Apple Care+. Apple Care+ can only be bought within 60 days of purchasing the device.

Apple Care and Apple Care+ are both versions of the purchasable extension of the regular 1 year warranty. Some countries offer only Apple Care (not the plus version) as the purchasable Apple Care plan instead of Apple Care+.

The 1 Year Warranty is not referred to by Apple as Apple Care. Its simply the 1 year warranty.

Legal - AppleCare Protection Plan - Apple

Apple care for a ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.