You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blocking feature not working

Why am I still receiving calls from numbers I have already blocked? I get multiple calls a day from real estate sharks and some show as already blocked numbers when i try to block them

Posted on May 21, 2022 7:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 23, 2022 4:15 AM

Not what I asked. I do not wish to block unknown callers. I can’t do that for personal and professional reasons.

I want to know why the blocking feature does not work and how to fix it.

Thanks

5 replies

May 23, 2022 7:10 AM in response to Zozoshow

Zozoshow, 

You can, indeed, manually block a phone number. Here's how, from Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

Block a phone number, contact, or email
There are a few ways that you can block phone numbers, contacts, and emails.

Phone
From the Phone app, tap Recents, then tap the Info button next to the phone number or contact that you want to block. Scroll down, then tap Block this Caller.

Should you continue to have an issue with blocked numbers still coming through on the device you blocked them on, we’re going to recommend that you make sure your iPhone is up to date and then connect with Apple Support. You can reach out to Apple using this link - Contact Apple Support

Thanks. 

May 22, 2022 9:39 AM in response to Zozoshow

Hi Zozoshow,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We can understand the concern, and we're happy to help. First, let's make sure that "Silence Unknown Callers" is enabled. This will help to avoid getting calls from numbers you don't know. Go to Settings > Phone, and scroll down to "Silence Unknown Callers", and make sure its set to On. More info on this feature can be found here:

Detect and block spam phone calls

Let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards!

Blocking feature not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.