You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Closing Gaps on Audio Timeline Final Cut (and a transition question)

Hi everyone...

Two questions...

1. I have a bunch of audio clips on my timeline. They are not synced with the video, and that's fine. It's background music. How do I remove gaps between them without manually doing that? Is there a way to select all of them and the app will remove all gaps?
  2. I'm using an animated pan stylized transition which is like 1 second in duration. When I try to expand the transition, I get a red boundary marker on the left. And it wont let me move it right. I don't care about losing footage. Any way I can expand this transition so the animation is slower?

Thanks!!

Posted on May 21, 2022 2:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 21, 2022 2:22 PM

1. select the clips; Command-G to make a story line (there will be gap clips between them); open the Timeline Index (command-shift-2) and search for gap; select them all in the timeline index (they will be selected in the timeline as well); press delete

Similar questions

4 replies

Closing Gaps on Audio Timeline Final Cut (and a transition question)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.