You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erasing MacBook air

I've erased all the files from my older MacBook air that was running Catalina, but I must have deleted the hard drive and operating system and now I don't know how to get the Mac back to running condition.

Posted on May 21, 2022 10:11 PM

3 replies

May 21, 2022 10:28 PM in response to dutchievargr85

dutchievargr85 Said:

"disabled: im trying to convert my (everything ) from my phone i just smashed on accident to a different iphone and it hasnt been turned on for a while, it turned on. and it says on the screen that i have to connect to itunes in order to disable it????"

-------

Try Turing Off Lost Mode:

Did you have Find My enabled on this iPhone that "hasnt been turned on for a while"? If so, then some time in the past, you likely you'd not locate it and choose to erase it. So, perform as instated here:

1. Go Here: Use Lost Mode in Find My iPhone on iCloud.com - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: Turn off Lost Mode on an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch
  3. Proceed from there as necessary.

Erasing MacBook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.