You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Chrome Crashes at Account Sign-in Page on Mac Everytime

I need help figuring out how to get back to being able to sign into account for Chrome, I can sign in on safari, but many of the extensions and software I use connect to the account on chrome.

Here is what I've tried:

• Updated to latest OS and chrome
  • Uninstalled and Reinstalled Chrome (also deleted all files under Google Chrome in Application Support)
  • Turned off Hardware Accelerator
  • Started in safe mode and tried to login

Everytime Google Chrome is launched and I go to the login page (either to sign into sync or gmail) on the login page, it freezes and I am unable to type anything in. This has been going on for quite a while (>1 Month), but I still cannot figure out how to fix this. Any help is appreciated.

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 22, 2022 7:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 22, 2022 8:33 AM

RedThunderr wrote:

• I need help figuring out how to get back to being able to sign into account for Chrome, I can sign in on safari, but many of the extensions and software I use connect to the account on chrome.

Here is what I've tried:
Updated to latest OS and chrome
• Uninstalled and Reinstalled Chrome (also deleted all files under Google Chrome in Application Support)

Everytime Google Chrome is launched and I go to the login page (either to sign into sync or gmail) on the login page, it freezes and I am unable to type anything in. This has been going on for quite a while (>1 Month), but I still cannot figure out how to fix this. Any help is appreciated.

Sounds like a third party application issue—

if in doubt search the developers website or contact: Support/Help/FAQ/Known issues/compatibility/Updates

Google Chrome Help

Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 22, 2022 8:33 AM in response to RedThunderr

RedThunderr wrote:

• I need help figuring out how to get back to being able to sign into account for Chrome, I can sign in on safari, but many of the extensions and software I use connect to the account on chrome.

Here is what I've tried:
Updated to latest OS and chrome

Sounds like a third party application issue—

if in doubt search the developers website or contact: Support/Help/FAQ/Known issues/compatibility/Updates

Google Chrome Help

Google Chrome Crashes at Account Sign-in Page on Mac Everytime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.