You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my camera works erractically. Is this likely to be a software problem or hardware? Its a 2015 macbookair

My camera on my mac book air, 2015, works erratically. I have tried turning the computer off and on and looking at settings. Sometimes it works, sometimes it turns on in the middle of a zoom call, sometimes it shuts off in the middle of a call. Is this software or hardware? Do I need a new computer?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on May 22, 2022 8:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 23, 2022 9:02 AM

You might want to reinstall the OS as perhaps a driver got damaged. If that does not work then it may be the camera at fault. My guess is that the repair cost may not be worth it and a new mac may be a better choice.

3 replies

my camera works erractically. Is this likely to be a software problem or hardware? Its a 2015 macbookair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.