You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I wake my Mac, Control Center is always open

I'm running macOS Monterey 12.4 on a 2021 14" MacBook Pro. Very often when I wake my Mac from sleep, Control Center is open, so I have to click the menu bar item to close it. It seems to happen only when I'm not connected to my external display.

Because of another issue, I was chasing I just reinstalled macOS over the top.

Any ideas what's causing this? Some annoyed plist perhaps?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on May 23, 2022 7:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 23, 2022 7:50 AM

Allison Sheridan wrote:

I'm running macOS Monterey 12.4 on a 2021 14" MacBook Pro. Very often when I wake my Mac from sleep, Control Center is open, so I have to click the menu bar item to close it. It seems to happen only when I'm not connected to my external display.

I would simply try a Safeboot to clear system cache file—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 23, 2022 7:50 AM in response to Allison Sheridan

Allison Sheridan wrote:

I would simply try a Safeboot to clear system cache file—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

When I wake my Mac, Control Center is always open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.