You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am not being able to sign in because apple says my apple id is not valid

My apple id is not valid and even I forgot my password beside I have access to my emails and phone number. But when I try to change my password apple says my apple id is not valid

Posted on May 24, 2022 1:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 24, 2022 2:10 AM

But when I try to change my password apple says my apple id is not valid

Looks like that you tried to change the Password form another Apple ID.

You are sign in here .  .  .  with your Apple ID (?)

Your Apple ID is the personal account you use with all Apple products and services. It includes the email address and password you use to sign in, as well as the contact, payment, and security details that you use with Apple.

You can’t merge multiple Apple ID accounts.

See this Apple article: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support (CA)

-> Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

Have you forgotten your Apple ID?, Check your Apple ID via your email box, see this Apple article: If you forgot your Apple ID

If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support                  

OR see -> Having trouble signing in?

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

If you've forgotten your Apple ID email address or phone number

If you've forgotten your Apple ID email address or phone number – Apple Support (UK)

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 24, 2022 2:10 AM in response to Rajan1129

But when I try to change my password apple says my apple id is not valid

Looks like that you tried to change the Password form another Apple ID.

You are sign in here .  .  .  with your Apple ID (?)

Your Apple ID is the personal account you use with all Apple products and services. It includes the email address and password you use to sign in, as well as the contact, payment, and security details that you use with Apple.

You can’t merge multiple Apple ID accounts.

See this Apple article: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support (CA)

-> Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

Have you forgotten your Apple ID?, Check your Apple ID via your email box, see this Apple article: If you forgot your Apple ID

If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support                  

OR see -> Having trouble signing in?

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

If you've forgotten your Apple ID email address or phone number

If you've forgotten your Apple ID email address or phone number – Apple Support (UK)

May 24, 2022 12:41 PM in response to Rajan1129

Contact Apple ID Support for assistance.  See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.   -

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.  *   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support      -    Work through the screens to get a chat option. You may have to pick a slightly different problem.

Apple Support schedule phone call.   -

Apple on Twitter        

From the Apple Support article below. 

Without proof of your identity via security questions and other carefully selected criteria, Apple Support can't help you reset a password or perform any other actions on your account. These policies are audited and reviewed on a regular basis.

Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support.      *

Jul 10, 2022 7:26 AM in response to Raicya

I have this same problem. I am on my work phone, with my WORK Apple ID. For some reason it came up to say that I need to sign in using my PERSONAL Apple ID. I guess at some point they got connected, which I did not do intentionally. So, fine, I figure I will just complete what it is looking for. But then it says that the ID which the PHONE put on the screen, is not valid or not supported.

I did not type in the PERSONAL apple ID. It found it somewhere, so how can it say it's not valid at the same time it's asking me to use it to log in???

Janet

I am not being able to sign in because apple says my apple id is not valid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.