You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buying iPhone online in US apple store to use abroad (other country)

I want to buy an iphone 13 Pro Max online in the US sim-free without any carrier (in apple store i gonna choose "Connect your own later). Will I be able to use it in Portugal (or other country) with a carrier here (local carrier). Does the unlocked phone have an opening for a SIM card?

Posted on May 24, 2022 9:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 24, 2022 9:40 AM

Yes. All iPhones sold from the US Apple Online store have a SIM card slot. Yes, it will work with any carrier.

Note that The US online Apple store will not ship outside off the US. So you won't be able to get shipped to Portugal. You would need to have it shipped to a US address that is not a PO Box or a shipping forward service and then shipped to Portugal.

Also, the warranty will only be valid in the US. So if you need any service or repair under warranty, you will need to return the iPhone to the US physically. Apple does not take international shipments for warranty service.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 24, 2022 9:40 AM in response to KTavares

Yes. All iPhones sold from the US Apple Online store have a SIM card slot. Yes, it will work with any carrier.

Note that The US online Apple store will not ship outside off the US. So you won't be able to get shipped to Portugal. You would need to have it shipped to a US address that is not a PO Box or a shipping forward service and then shipped to Portugal.

Also, the warranty will only be valid in the US. So if you need any service or repair under warranty, you will need to return the iPhone to the US physically. Apple does not take international shipments for warranty service.

Buying iPhone online in US apple store to use abroad (other country)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.