You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS verifying Microsoft office apps every time I open them???

Every time I open a Microsoft app it spends many minutes "verifying" it, Why?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the MS Office apps as suggested here on the Apple support site but that doesn't solve the issue for very long.

So, I can either spend my life watching an app be verified or unistalling and reinstalling MS Office. It's ridiculous.

Is there a better solution?

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 24, 2022 3:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 24, 2022 4:37 PM

This is the operating system verifying the integrity of the app. Microsoft apps regularly update themselves automatically. Each time an app gets updated, it will need to be verified again. Go to Microsoft preferences and make sure you aren't on any kind of beta version that will update the apps more frequently. You might also be able to manually disable the auto-update mechanism entirely.

Otherwise, the only fix is a faster computer with a fast SSD to verify apps more quickly.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 24, 2022 4:37 PM in response to gchdrake

This is the operating system verifying the integrity of the app. Microsoft apps regularly update themselves automatically. Each time an app gets updated, it will need to be verified again. Go to Microsoft preferences and make sure you aren't on any kind of beta version that will update the apps more frequently. You might also be able to manually disable the auto-update mechanism entirely.

Otherwise, the only fix is a faster computer with a fast SSD to verify apps more quickly.

Mac OS verifying Microsoft office apps every time I open them???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.