You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought an iPhone on eBay and it needs a passcode

I bought an iPhone 6 on eBay, the seller was selling it for parts or repair simply because it was not powering on. I bought the phone but the first thing I thought of was to change the battery which I did, luck enough I got it on… I tried to reach the previous owner to assist me with passcode so I can access the phone, but unfortunately the seller is not available

so kindly assist me to unlock the phone

i will provide the necessary picture especially of proof of purchase

*regards

Iphone 6 mode A1586

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on May 25, 2022 7:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 25, 2022 7:44 AM

You are out of luck, the seller clearly labeled it as not working, for parts only and no returns. Apple cannot help you locate the holder of the Activation Lock if that is what you are looking for, if you are looking to bypass the phone passcode try this: If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

For Apple to clear it you would need to have the original receipt from the purchase from Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller. You are wanting to use an eBay receipt.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 25, 2022 7:44 AM in response to LUNJON

You are out of luck, the seller clearly labeled it as not working, for parts only and no returns. Apple cannot help you locate the holder of the Activation Lock if that is what you are looking for, if you are looking to bypass the phone passcode try this: If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

For Apple to clear it you would need to have the original receipt from the purchase from Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller. You are wanting to use an eBay receipt.

I bought an iPhone on eBay and it needs a passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.