You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro rebooting after the upgrade to Monterey

I just upgraded my 2018 MacBook Pro from Big Sur to Monterey 12.2. Since then, the Mac has restarted itself countless times a day. I called apple and they helped me reinstall. Monterey installing failed and was frozen countless times. Apple suggested me going to the Apple authorized service. I went for the diagnostics and they said nothing wrong but the battery and asked for $300 for replacement. I asked if because of the bad battery I can use the power adapter. Why it still keeps rebooting. They couldn't answer.

I was so upset and left the computer alone for 3 weeks. Yesterday when I tried to reinstall, It worked. So far so good.

I think Apple chose the bad rip-off authorized services that degrades Apple. They knew nothing but to rip you off.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on May 25, 2022 9:45 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

May 25, 2022 9:57 AM in response to XD22

When you reinstalled macOS did you follow these instructions:

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

That is did you boot to Recovery, erase the startup disk and reinstall the version offered in Recovery?

If you did did the reinstall successfully complete? What what macOS version? Can you successfully upgrade that version to current 12.4 w/o restoring anything?

May 25, 2022 10:09 AM in response to lllaass

Yes, in the beginning I did everything to Recovery, erase the startup dis and reinstall the version offered in Recovery. But it got stuck and frozen by non-stop rebooting. Never succeeded. The Apple and Apple authorized services estimated due to failed hardware.

Yesterday I succeeded in reinstalling completely to my current version macOS Monterey 12.4. I used last night for a couple of hours and this morning. So far so good.

I am not the only one who experienced that issue. Monterey has a problem that has to solve.

MacBook Pro rebooting after the upgrade to Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.